FREE Case Evaluation
Anne Arundel County Criminal Lawyer
Have you been questioned by the police, arrested, or charged with a crime? It can be difficult to know where to turn and what steps to take when you are suspected of breaking the law. To protect yourself and get a knowledgeable advocate on your side, contact an Anne Arundel County criminal lawyer for help as soon as you can. Call today to schedule a consultation with a criminal defense attorney in Maryland to discuss your case.
How Can an Anne Arundel County Criminal Lawyer Help You?
When you are arrested, you have the right to remain silent. You have the right to be informed of the accusations against you and have an attorney present when you are being questioned. You should exercise your right to a lawyer and call a criminal attorney in Anne Arundel right away.
Your attorney should be a knowledgeable legal advocate who is by your side at every step when you respond to criminal charges or a police investigation. Your attorney can:
- Help to ensure police stay within the scope of a search warrant and do not conduct unlawful searches.
- Ensure police do not use unfair interrogation practices and advise you on what questions not to answer to avoid giving the prosecutor evidence to use against you.
- Advise you on possible defense strategies and options for pleading not guilty.
- Argue for you to be released without having to post bond or to be released for a reasonable bail your family can afford.
- Question witnesses, review evidence, and help you to build a case in which you defend yourself or undermine the prosecutor’s evidence.
- Present your case in court so you can try to introduce doubt in the minds of the judge or jury about whether you violated Maryland laws.
There is a reason criminal defendants have the right to a lawyer: navigating the justice system and protecting your rights is complicated. Be sure you have a caring, professional, and experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side if you have been accused of a crime in Anne Arundel County. Here is information on Anne Arundel Courthouses.
Criminal Charges in Anne Arundel County
Maryland’s Criminal Code divides offenses into different categories, including the following very common charges:
Each different part of the criminal code specifies the elements of each offense and the potential penalties or consequences that a person may face for breaking the law.
A defendant accused of breaking the law may face multiple criminal charges or may be charged with a single offense, depending on the alleged behavior. In every case, a prosecutor must prove the defendant’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Prosecutors will typically present eyewitness testimony, police testimony, evidence from searches, the results of police interrogations, and other types of evidence like drug tests or DNA. If you can undermine any element of the prosecutor’s case against you, you may be able to avoid being found guilty of the offense you are being charged with.
Contact an Anne Arundel County Criminal Lawyer
Do not wait to get the legal help you need to fight your criminal charges. Call an Anne Arundel County criminal lawyer today to get the guidance and advice you need to respond when you are being investigated or have been accused of breaking the law.