2023 MD Criminal Defense Group Outstanding Citizen Scholarship
Our team has worked tirelessly to provide service to those in his community since the start of his career as a criminal defense attorney. His work has brought him together with individuals of all walks of life, each of whom possesses a unique and palpable story to tell. The glamorous life of a big-city lawyer can be appealing, but Attorney Fastovsky has chosen a path of service, overseeing justice at the personal level. His recognition of the importance that a single person can have fueled his desire to empower individuals who make themselves known through incredible acts of community service and duty. He is honored to assist such individuals and contribute to their educational aims.
The Outstanding Citizen Scholarship and Essay Contest aim to allow demonstrated community leaders and dedicated citizens to pursue education to inform and better their causes. We are proud to sponsor the discussion on good citizenship for the fifth year in a row. It truly means a lot to us to offer educational benefits to individuals who demonstrate outstanding citizenship.
This essay contest and the $1,000 scholarship associated with it are open to individuals throughout the U.S. who are enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution during the 2023 school year.
Criteria For Eligibility And Selection
Those eligible for the 2023 Outstanding Citizen Scholarship essay contest must comply with the following criteria:
- All candidates must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll by Fall 2023 into an accredited post-secondary program, which includes: community colleges, private or public undergraduate colleges and universities, private or public graduate degree programs, law programs, and business programs. If the essay contest winner cannot provide evidence of enrollment at the time of scholarship disbursement, a new winner will be selected.
- All candidates have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- All candidates must possess a proven commitment to citizenry, as demonstrated by their essay and resumé.
A submission is considered “complete” when it includes:
- An updated resumé that includes academic, professional, and volunteer experiences focused on community service and citizenry.
- A 500 – 1,000 word essay that answers the following question: What is one of the most important ways an individual can serve their community, and how have you served your community in this way?
- A current official academic transcript indicates that the candidate’s cumulative grade-point average is 3.0 or greater. (Note: applicants who cannot furnish an official transcript from their current institution may submit both an unofficial transcript from their current place of learning, as well as an official transcript from the last school they attended.)
- A letter of recommendation from someone who can attest to your great work on a community service project.
The 2023 Outstanding Citizen Scholarship Essay Contest winner will be announced in Fall 2023.
Deadline And Submissions Information
Candidates must submit their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and official transcript) on or before the September 30, 2023 deadline. Applications must be sent by email to [email protected] with the subject line “2023 Outstanding Citizen Scholarship”. Applications sent after this date will not be considered.