FREE Case Evaluation
Maryland Traffic Defense
Mr. Tayter represents individuals accused of violating Maryland’s motor vehicle laws in all Maryland District Courts. A conviction for a simple traffic violation can trigger increased insurance rates, the assessment of points against your driver’s license, and ultimately driver’s license suspension by the MVA. These consequences are not to be taken lightly, and retaining a Maryland traffic lawyer attorney is a proactive step you can take to ensure that you fully understand the violation, its ramifications, and possible defenses. Mr. Tayter can draw on his years of experience as a Maryland traffic lawyer to defend you against traffic tickets, convictions, fines, and points. Contact Mr. Tayter today for a free, no obligation consultation of your case.
In Maryland, there are many driving offenses that can cause a person to accumulate points on their license, pay hefty fines, or even go to jail. Many of these offenses are the result of poor judgment or a simple mistake, yet they can have disastrous consequences. If you are charged with driving with a suspended license, for example, you could spend up to a year in jail. Having a permanent criminal record could prevent you from being able to rent an apartment, get a job, or secure a loan. A Maryland traffic attorney can provide you sound legal advice for your traffic infraction.
Some traffic violations in Maryland have more serious consequences than a fine or points. A first conviction for “driving under suspension or revocation” (driving with a suspended license) or a conviction for fleeing and eluding can carry up to one year in jail. A first conviction for “hit and run” or “failure to report” can carry up to 60 days in jail. Maryland traffic attorney Edward Tayter can help you avoid these penalties. Other traffic violations include:
- Driving Without Registration
- Driving Without Insurance
- Reckless and Negligent Driving
- Aggressive Driving
Traffic violations are difficult to understand because there are so many different variations and unique facts that can change the charge you are facing. Moreover, the criteria for determining whether or not a violation actually took place is often subjective, as evidenced by ambiguous language such as “safe,” “careless,” and “imprudent.” Scheduling a free consultation with one of our traffic attorneys can help you in multiple ways. First, it enables the attorney to review the facts of your case and determine what the best course of action would be moving forward. Second, it gives you an opportunity to pose any questions you might have about the legal system to someone who has experience representing individuals facing similar or even identical charges. You might not fully comprehend the charge you face or why the state and police are doing some of the things they do when pursing a case. A consultation is the best way to get the answers to these questions without making any financial commitment. If you have been arrested for a traffic violation or issued a traffic ticket, don’t hesitate to have your case heard by a competent and aggressive attorney well-versed in the Maryland judicial system.
The Law Office of Edward Tayter can help answer your questions about:
- Driver’s license suspensions
- Points issued against a license, and how these points might be able to be avoided in some circumstances
- Potential penalties for specific convictions, such as DUI, reckless driving, or aggressive driving
- Defenses for speeding tickets
- How to get your license back
- Penalties for distracted driving tickets
- Which traffic offenses carry jail time
- How to get a restricted license, in order to drive to work or school during a license suspension
- What to do after an accident
- How to plead if accused of a driving offense that you did not commit
- What evidence you can gather to help your case
- Whether or not you actually have to appear in court (or whether a lawyer can appear on your behalf instead)
Moreover, we have provided a page explaining the basic legal elements of a driver’s license here.
In short, anyone who has received a traffic ticket (or DUI) may be able to get help. And this ends up being thousands of people—check out these statistics:
- In Maryland, almost 24,000 people were arrested for DUI in 2013.
- Across the US, over 100,000 people get speeding tickets every day (over 41 million tickets per year). This is over 20% of the driving population.
- If you extrapolate these figures to the driving population of Maryland (around 3.5 million licensed drivers), that means that probably over 700,000 drivers in Maryland are getting speeding tickets every year.
What a Maryland Traffic Lawyer Can Do For You
All of the examples above are just the tip of the iceberg. Besides answering your questions, a Maryland traffic lawyer can assist you through every step of the legal proceedings you’re facing. It helps to have someone experienced on your side, guiding you through the process.
This is especially true because traffic court procedures may vary by county. It is beneficial to have a lawyer that understands exactly how the process works in your county. That lawyer will not only know the system, but will know the judges and prosecutors. The lawyer will understand exactly what steps you will need to follow to defend your case and to get the best results. You’ll received the benefit of insider knowledge to help you through the process—regardless of the type of traffic offense you’re up against. Look for someone with experience not just with the driving offense you’re facing, but also with the court system in the county in which you were charged.
- Montgomery County Traffic Lawyer
- Carroll County Traffic Lawyer
- Germantown Traffic Lawyer
- Caroline County Traffic Lawyer
- Columbia Traffic Lawyer
- Ellicott City Traffic Lawyer
- Cecil County Traffic Lawyer
- Charles County Traffic Lawyer
- Gaithersburg Traffic Lawyer
- Prince George’s County Speeding Tickets
- Prince George’s Moving Violations
- Rockville Speeding Tickets
- Rockville Traffic Citations
- Rockville Moving Violations
- Silver Spring Traffic Citations
- Silver Spring Moving Violations
Having sound legal guidance throughout the process can make it less daunting. It can also mean you’re less likely to face the worst possible penalties as your Maryland traffic lawyer will work aggressively to get any possible penalties reduced. Penalties can include points against your driver’s license, fines, license suspensions, and even jail time for some offenses.
Getting those penalties reduced can be a benefit for years to come. Having fewer points on your driving record, for example, can mean keeping your driver’s license instead of having it suspended.
Another reason it pays to retain a qualified traffic attorney in Maryland is because keeping an offense off your record can save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars in insurance premiums in the coming years as well. Most insurance companies hike the cost of premiums following any type of driving infractions—and these costs add up. They can also continue for several years—long after that ticket was paid.
Knowledgeable Maryland Traffic Attorney
Our Maryland traffic attorneys are familiar with all kinds of traffic offenses. Whether it’s a moving violation such as speeding or failure to yield, or breaking a basic driving law such as driving with a suspended license or without a license at all, an attorney with our office has the information and legal resources to make a difference in your case. Many people mistakenly believe that they can handle their traffic infraction case on their own; after all, everyone has had a run in on the road with a police officer, right? Unfortunately, most of these individuals do not realize how complicated a traffic case can be, even when it appears simple and straightforward. Trusting a knowledgeable Maryland traffic attorney is a vital step in assuring your case’s success.
He Has Always Been Amazing!
I have worked with attorney Edward Tayter on a few different cases and he has always been AMAZING.! He was extremely patient when it came to explaining things to me and answering questions (and I had a lot of them). I also felt comfortable and confident going through the entire court process with Mr. Tayter being my attorney. I would recommend Attorney Edward Tayter to anyone who is looking for a lawyer.!!!!!